Sunday, November 30, 2008

Birthday Shout Out

While growing up, I was especially blessed in the "Friend" department. I hung out with the absolute BEST group of girls on the planet! We were known for sporting the best of 80's fashion - including the giant pouffy bangs, all talking at exactly the same time, & saying the word like.... like a lot. Two of my gal-pals were identical twins (boy did we have some fun with that) and just really special people. Some of my favorite things about them were:




1. They let me hang out with them despite the fact that they were "so totally cooler" than me.




2. They were (& still are) drop-dead gorgeous! Which meant we always got a lot of attention when we went places. And free drinks. And marriage proposals.




3. Half their basement served as a giant closet that I swear was the Mecca of cool clothes & shoes. And they SHARED THEM WITH ME! (I still get misty-eyed thinking about all the shoulder pads & blingy belts).




4. Ya know when you wear like thick, goopy lipstick and you like get that scumline thing around your like lip? They like always discreetly let me know when I like had that going on. Fer sure.




5. They loved Madonna & Prince just as much as I did.




Good times. Good times.




Along with being Beautiful, they were (& still are) Smart, & Witty, & Kind. And although this seems like it would be nauseating - they somehow pull it off.


So......


P.S.:

No comments: