Monday, December 1, 2008

Squirrel Funeral

The kids were playing with some neigborhood friends down the street when a "tragedy" occurred. A squirrel ran out in the road & was run over by a passing car.

The kids were so upset about the injustice of it all. They gathered together and said a little improptu prayer for the squirrel. Then they started to sing.


I'm not kidding.


A neighbor thought it was so sweet she took this picture through her window and sent it to us. I'm thinking - there's 7 people there!


That's quite a good turnout for a Squirrel Funeral.


Then the neighbor went outside to talk with the kids & noticed someone else had joined their little service:









Touching, isn't it. Just touching.

1 comment:

Robin said...

LOL! And I love the blog skin you chose.

Lastly, we would have squirrels laying like that in our trees in Dallas. The first time I thought that stupid thing had died right there. It stayed completely still for like 30 min, and just when I was about to poke it with a stick it moved, a 1/4 inch. Dang thing scared the crap out of me.

Only good squirrel is a dead one if you ask me.