Sunday, June 15, 2008

Love/Hate Relationship.
Sometimes I HATE my house!! When I first saw my house over three years ago - I just loved it. It's this funky-Frank-Lloyd-Wright-type house with floor-to-ceiling windows and weird angles.


When Jack first saw the house, he said "It's attractive. And very odd. Just like you.

It's perfect for you."


What it really is, is a huge PAIN IN THE A__!

(Which some people would say, is also just like me. Stop smiling Mom.)

Anyway, three years of continuous 'remodel' later (and an on-going lawsuit with roofers), and still, 5:00 in the morning, we wake up to "drip,drip,plunk,plunk" all over the house! Then there's the next three days of pulled-up carpet and fans blowing everywhere, and the oh-so lovely musty aroma that comes with your house being drenched in three inches of rain.

It's enough to make me crazy. (Yes, I think that's what's doing it.)

But, the best part about my house - the part that really made me want to move here - is "Our Forest". The house is wedged into a greenbelt filled with tall trees and a creek, that we call our forest. I love our forest. In the winter, when all the trees are bare and it snows, it looks like a beautiful painting. In the Spring, when all the trees turn green and full, it looks like a lush paradise (to me).


This is the best room in the house. It's a great place to relax and enjoy a cold beverage.

Right next to the deck is our "Fire Pit", which the kids absolutely love!


I mean, making s'mores in your own backyard?
Does it get any better than that?



So, until Jack whips this house into shape - and finally ends the 'remodel hell' that is our life, I think I will stay outside on the deck. And enjoy a cold beverage. Or two.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The deck looks great - that is how I feel about my courtyard, oooohhh. I did not know that Chance was into the car thing - he is not a big talker on the phone, so glad he has an interest. Chase is getting so tall and still pretty.

Anonymous said...

The deck looks great - that is how I feel about my courtyard, oooohhh. I did not know that Chance was into the car thing - he is not a big talker on the phone, so glad he has an interest. Chase is getting so tall and still pretty. love mawmaw